Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sunshine Shoes

As summer is just around the corner, and the weather here in Madrid has FINALLY begun to brighten up, I have been stashing my tights and boots lately for thigh high socks and ... Herein lies the dilemma. My love for ballet flats that flourished throughout last summer and even persisted into fall, melted away with the last snowfall, and even the gladiator sandal, with which I found myself enamored last summer, seems less than exciting this season. I imagine there are a few of you who feel the same, thus I thought I would share my spring/summer shoe-wear favorites:

1. Of course I have to include the clog, but I prefer this classic version, sans heels, to wear on a casual day.
2. Oxford lace-ups compose the greater part of my shoe collection right now. I love how these are mesh material, and will breath for the hotter, summer months.
3. Did I mention my obsession with oxfords? These are great because they are a sling-back, therefore requiring no socks and no effort.
4. So I know I said I was over ballet flats, but these give a completely different effect. The bow and ankle wrap make them interesting, so pair them with some cut-offs and a t-shirt.
5. Finally, we have the loafer-like flat. I love the loafer now, especially paired with some cute socks, and this white color is great for the spring.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5



No comments:

Post a Comment