Thursday, February 16, 2012

shades of white

Among the hundreds of things I'm excited for this spring, endless sightings of white on white on cream on white definitely factors in there somewhere. I find it odd that a color I used to neglect, even shy away from, has now made it to staple status in my wardrobe. Sure everyone has their classic, broken-in white tee, but the fashion faux pas of no white shoes after labor day has never claimed me as an offender. Though perhaps the fact that I don't remember the last time I owned white shoes has something to do with that. And the dietary restrictions that come into play when rocking this pale color palette, (knowing me I must sacrifice any colored beverage whatsoever), has always led me to lean towards black as my simple go-to. 

This season, however, black will reign no more. Nothing looks more fresh or crisp than a white button down paired with a white blazer and even some white shorts if your feeling spicy. It provides a toned down alternative to the monochromatic trend, and a satisfying way to kiss this winter weather goodbye. Helllooooo California

facehunter, angelica blick, sartorialist, stockholm streetstyle 

No comments:

Post a Comment